Kalakand( Ricotta cheese cake Indian version)

This year Rakshabhandan was not so happy-happy festival for us for some reasons. But as they say life moves on,no matter what!
Well I prepared kalakand using sweetened condensed milk and paneer as these were available in my kitchen and was the easiest n fastest option to go for.





This recipe I had taken from Nestle Milkmaid website and made little variation.
I added little milk instead of milk powder.

Ingredients:
1 tin (400g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup milk   
500 g Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)/ricotta cheese
3-4, powdered Cardamom (Elaichi)
few strand Kesar(saffron)
Dry fruits like pistachio,almonds and cashew nuts.

Method        
Mash paneer coarsely and mix in milk little by little and condensed milk.
Heat the mixture in a thick bottom pan. Cook on medium heat with constant stirring till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
Remove from the fire and spread onto a greased plate.
Sprinkle elaichi powder & sprinkle kesar soaked in milk & top with pistachio ,almonds and cashew nuts.
Cool and cut into squares or diamond shape.

Note:
-Good, soft Kalakand has some whey water seperating from it, when it spread on the tray.Most of it gets absorbed as the Kalakand cools.
-This recipe makes 3/4 kg.
-This sweet can be stored for 2-3 days if refrigerated. 

Comments

  1. Hi

    I absolutely loved this recipe and made it today for Diwali. I posted it on my blog and have linked your blog to it. Hope that it is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Thanks..Its good to hear that you liked this recipe..and yes its perfectly fine to share the link..For regular updates you can like my Facebook Page too ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm full! It's way too good :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks M, :D Did you try it at home? :O

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave your suggestions, advice, feedback on my posts. :)